Go Get the Sustainable World (GGSW) Scholarship
Funded by alum Ms. Tricia Yacovone-Biagi, the Go Get the Sustainable World (GGSW) Scholarship supports juniors in the Sustainable Community Development major who are planning a community project which will have positive impact on the communities with which they collaborate.
Scholarships recipients will be SCD students (or student groups) whose proposed projects engage and address the following questions most effectively:
• What is the problem that you will prospectively engage through a sustainable community development process?
• Can you demonstrate or document need using quantitative and qualitative information to support project objectives?
• By what means and in what ways will your project effectively engage the problem?
• How will you help to build community capacity to sustain the project after you leave?
• If you already have connection(s) to the community, what may be the relationship(s)?
• What are your project’s benchmarks for achieving its proposed goals and objectives?
Submitted Proposals will be evaluated using the comparative assessment criteria below:
• Is the problem identified in the project viable, i.e., one that can be effectively addressed?
• How visionary is the project? (‘Visionary’ means innovative use of resources, ‘outside the box’ of standard problem-solving frameworks, etc.)
• Is the proposed project feasible (in its scope, timeframe, and available resources) as well as important/significant in its impact?
• Are benchmarks coherent/clear enough to effectively measure and document progress?
• Has the proposal effectively identified the potential capacity of the community to sustain and to ‘own’ the project going forward as its future stewards?
• By what means, in what ways, and to what extent will the community be involved in the development of the project process?
Two Scholarships will be awarded.
The top candidate will receive $3500 and the runner up shall receive $1500.