Edith Robinson Scholarship
The Graduate School invites applications for the 2020-21 Edith Robinson Fellowship. This fellowship comes from a generous bequest by Ms. Robinson to the University and is limited by the bequest to residents of New Hampshire or Vermont who will have completed at least one year of graduate study by the end of the 2019-20 academic year. The Fellowship is also limited to students who are pursuing research in health sciences, environmental sciences, or psychology.
The 2020-21 Robinson Fellowship is valued at approximately $27,000. In 2020-21 the fellowship will be split between two candidates; the half value of approximately $13,500 will provide a tuition credit for both semesters of the 2020-21 academic year. The fellowship does not cover health insurance or other graduate fees.
Applications are due on or before Monday, May 4th; all materials must be submitted via UMass’s AcademicWorks system.
Application materials for the 2020-21 Robinson Fellowship include the following:
1. General application questions as posted in AcademicWorks.
2. A one-page narrative describing your research and how the Robinson Fellowship would contribute to your financial success at UMass (single-spaced, 12 pt. font, to be uploaded in AcademicWorks).
3. The student’s CV (uploaded in AcademicWorks).
4. The student’s unofficial transcript from SPIRE (uploaded in AcademicWorks).
5. A letter of recommendation from the student’s advisor describing the potential contributions of the student’s research and quality of the student’s work in the graduate program. (The applicant will enter the advisor’s name and contact information in AcademicWorks, which will generate an email to the advisor requesting the letter.)
If you have questions please contact Heidi Bauer-Clapp (email@example.com).