Department of History Summer Internship Award
Established to assist outstanding History majors who are pursuing summer internships. All applications from History majors undertaking summer internships with appropriate organizations are welcome, but preference is given to students with unpaid internships. A strong academic record and some indication that the internship will include pre-professional training (e.g., preparation of a tangible product, acquisition of a new marketable skill, etc.) are positives for your application.
- Supplemental Questions
- Provide a letter of interest that describes the internship in as much detail as possible (hours, days, duration, etc.) including what you expect to produce or learn and how the internship relates to your study of history and your career aspirations.
- A transcript showing courses taken and grades received through the immediately preceding semester.
- Please indicate whether the internship is confirmed or when you expect to hear about your acceptance.
- Reference for the Department of History Summer Internship Award
- Please provide the name and email of a person who has agreed to provide a letter of reference for your application.
- I understand that if I accept this award I will be expected to write a three to five-page report on my internship experience for the Department.