Theresa Biuso Maravelas Memorial Scholarship
The Theresa Biuso Maravelas Memorial Scholarship provides financial support for an undergraduate student in the Department of Biology. The scholarship is awarded annually to a student who is a rising junior or senior, has a minimum GPA of 3.0, and demonstrates financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid Office. Preference will be given to students transferring from a community college within Massachusetts. The recipient of this scholarship will receive funding for one year only.
Applicants must submit a resume (no more than 2 pages); one letter of reference; and a one-page statement explaining their passion for biology, especially in the context of research. The statement may also cite classwork, community service, and/or biological experiences outside UMass.
- Supplemental Questions
- Please upload your current resume (no more than 2 pages)
- Please write a statement explaining your passion for biology, especially in the context of research. Your statement may also cite classwork, community service and/or biological experiences outside UMass.
- Please enter the name and email address of your reference provider.
- Did you transfer to UMass Amherst from a community college within Massachusetts?
- If so, please list the name and city of the community college.