Potash Graduate Travel Grant for Latin America, Spain, or Portugal
The Potash Graduate Travel Award is awarded annually by the History Department to a student who plans to engage in research or pursue a course of study at an established university in Spain, Portugal, or Latin American country. Applicants must be in good standing and enrolled as a graduate student in History. He or she must have a working knowledge of the appropriate language as defined by the Certificate Program regulations. The award will go to the student with the best travel and research proposal. This may be a field research project involving the use of archives and/or libraries, or it may consist of attending a course of study at an established institution of higher learning. In either case, the student will be expected to spend a minimum of six weeks in the country or countries visited. Proposals that involve simply the study of Spanish or Portuguese will not be considered.
- Supplemental Questions
- Please submit a travel and research proposal. (no more than four pages)
- A transcript showing courses taken and grades received through the immediately preceding semester.
- Evidence of a working knowledge of Spanish or Portuguese. This may be demonstrated by presenting a letter from a member of the Spanish & Portuguese Department or by the transcript showing completion of the necessary coursework as defined by the Certificate Program in Latin American Studies.
- Letters of reference for the Potash Graduate Travel Grant.
- Please provide the name and email address of a person who has agreed to provide a letter of reference for the Potash Travel Grant.
- Please provide the name and email address of another person who has agreed to provide a letter of reference for the Potash Travel Grant.