William M. Bulger Presidential Scholarship
During President William M. Bulger’s tenure as leader of UMass from 1996–2003, he pursued the dual mission of excellence and educational opportunity. High-profile donors and corporations contributed generously to his mission through the William M. Bulger Scholarship Fund. Over one million dollars was raised in honor of his 70th birthday in 2004. President Bulger directed these gifts to UMass for the purpose of providing financial assistance to motivated students who are serious about their education. Eligible applicants must be full-time students with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.25, with a minimum of 12 credits earned at UMass. Applicants must also be permanent residents of Massachusetts. A GPA of 3.25 and full-time enrollment status must be maintained throughout the duration of the scholarship.
- Supplemental Questions
- Please list the number of credits you have earned at UMass.
- Please upload your unofficial transcript.
- Please upload your current resume.
- Please enter the name and email address of your recommendation provider.
- Please write a 500-word essay on "Who in your life has been your biggest influence and why?"
- I agree that my completed scholarship application form, personal statement/essay, resume, transcript, letters of recommendation, UMass general application information and financial aid award information (if applicable) can be reviewed by the University of Massachusetts Foundation Scholarship Committee. I also give permission to release such information to the donors, should I be selected as a recipient.
- Show 1 more