Linda Slakey Award/Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology Student Support Endowment
The Linda Slakey Award (or the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Student Support Endowment) was established to support students majoring in biochemistry who wish to participate in laboratory research by may have circumstances that limit this possibility. Preference is given to those who meet the following criteria:
- Undergraduate Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (BMB) Majors
- Declared BMB major for at least one year by the end of the spring semester
- Fulfilled all academic requirements appropriate for junior BMB majors
- Intending to conduct research in the host laboratory during their senior year
Candidates will be evaluated based on their research statement, recommendation letter from their research advisor and statement explaining circumstances that limit participation in research.
- Supplemental Questions
- Please enter your research advisor's name and email address. The expectation is that you have already obtained a written invitation form the faculty member foir you to perform research in their lab. This contact info will allow them to submit a recommendation for you.
- Please write a research statement of approximately 500 words. In this statement describe your research goals or research project, what you have completed so far, and what you hope to accomplish.
- What semester and year did you join the BMB major?
- Please write a circumstances statement of approximately 500 words that indicates how the award funds will be used to support research and how the funds will help you overcome circumstances that have limited your participation in research.