Graduate Student CCAMPIS Child Care Scholarship
Student Parent Programs awards funding to graduate student parents for child care expenses through our CCAMPIS Program. The goal of CCAMPIS is to support student parents as they progress toward their educational goals by reducing the burden of child care costs.
The CCAMPIS Program provides funding for students who demonstrate financial need for eligible child care expenses and provides targeted resources and advisement to participants while they pursue degrees. Child care expenses can include daycare, pre-k, before and after school programs and summer child care through eligible providers.
Funding through this opportunity is paid directly to child care providers. To qualify for the CCAMPIS Program at UMass Amherst, student parents must meet three basic criteria:
1. Be enrolled at UMass Amherst as an undergraduate or graduate student on a part-time or full-time basis
2. Meet the income eligibility criteria for program participants – similar to Pell grant income eligibility, determined through the Financial Aid Services
3. Utilize a child care provider or facility that is licensed and nationally accredited or one that is actively pursuing this accreditation
*The amounts listed are maximum award amounts – individual awards will be determined based on applicant demonstrated need and funds available within the program. Adjustments may be made if a student is receiving outside childcare funding or if their actual childcare costs are lower than the amounts listed below.
For students who are full-time and high need (determined by Financial Aid Services):
- For families with one child in eligible paid care: up to $7000/year/family
- For families with two or more children in any type of eligible paid care: up to $8000/year/family
- For families with two or more children in eligible daycare: up to $9000/year/family
For students who are part-time and high need (determined by Financial Aid Services)
- For families with one child in eligible paid care: up to $3500/year/family
- For families with two or more children in any type of eligible paid care: up to $4000/year/family
- For families with two or more children in eligible daycare: up to $4500/year/family
If you do not have a dependent child, please do not submit an application for this scholarship.