Undergraduate Child Care Scholarship - USCS and CCAMPIS
Student Parent Programs awards funding for child care expenses through our Undergraduate Student Child-Care Subsidy (USCS) and our Child Care Access Means Parents In School (CCAMPIS) Program. Both opportunities provide financial support to student parents to help defray the cost of child care expenses. Eligibility for both awards is limited to student parents with documented financial need (as determined by Financial Aid Services.)
The USCS subsidy is awarded to student parents for eligible expenses directly to their bursar account as a reimbursement for documented expenses. This subsidy is for undergraduate students only and is not available to UWW students.
The CCAMPIS subsidy provides funding for eligible child care expenses and provides targeted resources and advisement to students (including UWW students) while they pursue degrees. Funding through CCAMPIS is paid directly to child care providers.
To qualify for child care subsidies, student parents must meet three basic criteria:
1. Be actively enrolled at UMass Amherst as an undergraduate or graduate student on a part-time or full-time basis
2. Meet the income eligibility criteria for program participants – similar to Pell grant income eligibility, determined through Financial Aid Services.
3. Utilize a child care provider or facility that is licensed and nationally accredited or one that is actively pursuing this accreditation
Child care expenses for both subsidies can include daycare, pre-k, and before and after school programs and summer child care through eligible providers.
*The amounts listed are maximum award amounts – subsidies will be determined based on applicant demonstrated need and may be adjusted based on funds available within the program or a change to applicant’s status.
For students who are full-time and high need (determined by Financial Aid Services):
- For families with one child in eligible paid care: up to $7000/year/family
- For families with two or more children in any type of eligible paid care: up to $8000/year/family
- For families with two or more children in eligible daycare: up to $9000/year/family
For students who are part-time and high need (determined by Financial Aid Services)
- For families with one child in eligible paid care: up to $3500/year/family
- For families with two or more children in any type of eligible paid care: up to $4000/year/family
- For families with two or more children in eligible daycare: up to $4500/year/family
If you do not have a dependent child, please do not submit an application for this scholarship.